House of Parliament, SW11st January 2015
Eastern Goods Yard, Kings Cross6th July 2019
|Fish & Coal Building
|David Morley Architects
The Fish and Coal offices hold a prominent location in the heritage heart of King’s Cross. Built between 1851 and the 1869s, and derelict since a fire in the 1980’s, the buildings form an intriguing example of robust, Victorian industrial architecture.
Pyramid Builders have helped lovingly restore, enhance and retain the building’s strong historical character. The designer’s approach was to combine a light touch to the majority of the existing fabric, with some carefully focused interventions which have greatly transformed the way the buildings can be re-used to provide office space, retail units and a restaurant which all serve as a new gateway to an elevated walkway leading to the retail emporium of Coal Drops Yard, the Gasholders and The Plimsoll Building.